Anyhoo, M was off having dinner with work buddies or something, so I decided to make up a quick soup. And this is just about as easy as it gets!
- 3 large yukon gold potatoes, chopped
- 4 turnips (’cause they were in the CSA box), chopped
- 3 small carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 t marjoram
- 1 t crushed red chili flakes
- 1 qt vegetable stock + 2 C water
- salt, pepper
- 6+ T fresh dill, chopped (to taste, I like it dilly)
- 3-4 T fresh chives, chopped
In a large pot, add the potatoes through stock/water. Bring to boil, reduce to a simmer. When the potatoes and turnips are very tender, remove from heat and puree with a stick blender or put in a food processor or blender (in batches) until smooth. Add the rest, taste and adjust any seasonings. That is it! Took me all of 30 minutes, including cooking time. And it tasted pretty darn good!