I used to make a version of this all the time, but with sausage instead. Here, I’ve just replaced the sausage with mushrooms. Serve it with a side salad and you’ve got a filling, easy meal. The amount below makes about 4 servings (or 6 if you don’t eat much).
- 8 oz gf pasta (I used the Trader Joe’s rice pasta, and it’s quite good!)
- 5 oz package fresh baby spinach
- 8 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 C hot or sweet pickled peppers
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 C fresh marinara (I love the Cucina Fresca – I just use a whole container for this)
- crushed red pepper flakes
In a large skillet, heat 1 T olive oil. When hot, add the mushrooms and onion, sautee until softened. Add the bell pepper, and sautee until the mushrooms start to brown. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Pour in the marinara and spinach, toss to wilt. Season with salt and crushed red pepper flakes, and add in the pickled peppers. Let simmer a couple minutes. Toss in the fresh pasta and coat it with the sauce.
Artisan Vegan Cheese has a recipe for parmesan, which I have yet to try. Next time I make this pasta, I will make the parm and add it to this, see how it works. Will let you know!
2 thoughts on “Easy Pasta”
Hi Veronica, this looks yummy. Just trying again to leave a comment. We’ll see how it goes. 🙂
Thanks, Maria! Looks like commenting works now. 🙂 Had to flip the right switch on this WP thingy!