I’ll be using this page to post links of relevant news stories, articles, blogs, whatever, that I find interesting, in both MS and GF-vegaquarian lifestyles.
- Overcoming MS – This is the Dr. Jelinek site, a very good place to get news, and positive support.
- MBSR – Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction: I took this class (with M) to help handle stress better. Keeping stress to a minimum, or at least knowing how to work with it well, is critical in keeping MS at bay. This class has been proven scientifically to help with all sorts of things. It’s work – it’s not easy, and it’s not something that’s “done” to you – you need to focus. But I have faith it will help. Find a class near you, or, if you can’t, at least read the book.
- Big MS Breakthrough – This article came out recently, and it’s an amazing step toward MS treatment – that doesn’t f**k up your immune system! Also this.
- CAM Study – my naturopath is conducting a few studies, and this is one; non-invasive, just answer some questions 2x/year for 5 years.
- Sleep Boosts Brain Repair & Growth – so get your daily zzzz’s!! It could very well rebuild your myelin.
- Dr. Jelinek Podcast – where he talks about motivation to change to this new diet and lifestyle.
- MS Mouse Study – Using neural stem cells, researchers were able to reverse MS symptoms in mice within 2 weeks of treatment, and has seen no relapses after 6 months. More is needed, but very promising.
- Plant-Based Slow Motion Miracle – Maria, the blogger, has cerebral palsy, fibromyalgia, and MS. She went GF/soy-free/low-fat/plant-based vegan 5 years ago, and she started this blog to document her recovery, her recipes, and the miracle of diet in healing.
- My Pinterest page where I collect various things, including some tasty recipes.
- Manifest Vegan – Allyson Kramer’s website; she wrote the book Great Gluten Free Vegan Eats that I recommend on the books page. Her blog is full of great stuff, too!